Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Midwife, Friend, Angel.....



Ever heard of the quote...


"People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime." ... ? 

 This has proven true to me in my life many times so far, and now I am reminded of it again. 



Today I went to my postpartum check up appointment with my midwife at Pacific Midwifery Services and got to see my midwife for the first time since delivery! Most check ups are 2 weeks after giving birth but my midwife was off work for a month and if I were to have a check up, I wanted it to be with the woman who delivered me. There are a few midwives there but none of them shared the experience Patty and I shared during delivery.

It is called an "appointment" but, with no real concerns to address, it pretty much turned into a visit. 

We sat together and laughed, cried and talked for a good 30 minutes, remembering the details of all that happened during my delivery. I expressed to her how special she is to me, how much I appreciated her and how she handled me, knowing just what to say and how to say it, knowing the exact decisions to make under pressure, and for helping bring our little man safely into this world. 

She stood and embraced me tightly saying, "We're bonded." 

She is my angel and I love her. 

This is when I was reminded of that quote. We attract what we need from life, when we need it. Any midwife could have been on call when I went into labor. But it was her. Secretly in my heart.... I wished it would be her. There's just something about her that pulled me closer to her than the others. There was an instant connection between us from the start. As I'm sure the others would have performed well, she was the answer to my wishes and may have been just the person we needed to be where we are today... with Carlin in our arms. Who knows? 

I asked her how I can keep her in my life without having to have any more babies... LOL, and she said they do annuals! And of course we can come visit anytime. 

Who knows... Time will tell if she is in my life for a season or lifetime. 

I already know she entered it for a reason, but there could be more to it! Life is full of many beautiful surprises. :)

We took pictures together, I gave her a Thank You card with a photo of Carlin enclosed, and hugged, then off I went, full of the warm & fuzzies and of love & appreciation. 

<3 MHM

No comments:

Post a Comment